I realize that satisfaction and joy and good things in life is a heart thing, not a location thing. So in a way it’s more than just being back in Jo’burg and making it work, it’s about finding the cool in the mundane, the beauty in the face brick apartment complexes and the freedom beyond the security fences.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Green and Gold... so hot right now

I consider myself a sort of a stylish gal at times, I'm no slave to fashion, who can afford that anyway, but I do like to stay on top of things.

You'd imagine my disappointment in Marie Claire this month, as I discovered how wrong they have been. Almost the equivalent of discovering that your own mother doesn't eat her vegetables kind of disappointment.
Tsk Tsk dear MC this seasons must have item is not the romantic floral jumpsuit as you declare but rather the 'supporter' look, as in green and gold daahling.
(Because it's the rugby world cup this month which is way cooler than the soccer world cup because we're actually good at rugby...usually)

so hot right now


it's cute but does it say "go bokke go"... didn't think so

The worst part is that I don't own any type supporter rugby shirt. It's embarrassing really, I should be right there along with 75% of Jo'burgers in their gear, especially on match days. Especially because it's so easy to get too. If you're not South African then think 'drive through' but better.


Intersection vendors

That's right, in a matter of yellow to red to green you too can be the proud owner of a bok jersey. Add a springbok flag, and a cellphone cover and a car charger if you're feeling it.

Despite shamefully not walking around in the national colours myself I do love seeing the rest of the city in it. All races, all classes, all sexes, never mind Julius Malema's comments of declaring war on white criminal imperialist something something blah blah blah.

Thankfully the Bokke did win on Sunday (nail-biter right!?) otherwise I'd be surfing copy cat blogs of 1001 things to do with my springbok rugby jersey, like that one guy's blog about 1001 things to do with my ex wife's wedding dress.
Let's hope not.

For now I'll just grace public with my 'of-course-I-have-a-bok-jersey-it's-just-in-the-wash-so-that-I-can-wear-it-again-tomorrow' face. Which I think is way more convincing than my 'I-totally-love-rugby-and-understand-what-off-side-means-face'.
Well that is until I my next red light and the vendor has my size... (for the shirt, not for the actual love of rugby)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lan,

    Great to have a read of your new blog. I have been out of the blogging world for a while. Could be an Australia v South Africa quarter final in the rugby. Predictions?

    ReplyDelete